Wednesday, September 24, 2014, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Native American Day of Reflection
The Medicine Wheel: "Christ and Our Land"
Catherine Swan Reimer
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
9:00 A.M.- 4:00 P.M.
This Day of Reflection will be an experiential event about developing balance in a reflective spirit to understand the Christian Medicine Wheel (modeled off the Alaskan Medicine Wheel).
Each participant will evaluate her or his walk with Christ in an atmosphere of teaching and reflection. Native experience will include drumming, story-telling, talking in Circle, Native American greeting, etc. Holy Scripture is integrated throughout this day of reflection.
Catherine Swan Reimer:
- Born of Inupiat Eskimo heritage
- Earned a doctoral degree in psychology at George Washington University.
- Worked with Macro International designing trainings and helping gather Native American Nation Training.
- Participated in Talking Circles, Native American therapy, sweats, a Vision Quest and other Native American spiritual and ritual ceremonies
- Is a practicing Catholic at Immaculate Conception Parish in Chewelah