Immaculate Heart Retreat Center seeks to help the Catholic Diocese of Spokane bring the good news of faith to as many as possible. Our fees are low because we want to be accessible. Though we need to remain financially viable we offer scholarships when possible to make our retreats available to everyone no matter their ability to pay the retreat cost. You must remember that Immaculate Heart operates on a “cost of services.”
If you would like to attend one of our retreats, but face serious financial obstacles, you may request a reduced price, or “scholarship.” Please remember the following when applying for a scholarship:
- Completing a scholarship application does not constitute registration for a retreat. Registration is only complete after the following: 1) A scholarship application is completed. 2) The applicant receives an approval notification. 3) Payment is processed. In the event a retreat fills before a scholarship applicant successfully registers, any payment will be returned to the applicant.
- Retreat participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the retreat center. We cannot provide transportation assistance.
- To be fiscally responsible, we ask applicants to make some commitment of funds to attend the retreat. Immaculate Heart Retreat Center will never turn anyone away because of their inability to pay.
- It is uncommon for us to approve more than one scholarship per year for the same applicant.
- When considering scholarships, we consider favorably an applicant’s commitment to use the things they learn to benefit their home parish, and community at large.
- Staff at the retreat center is limited. All retreat participants, whether they receive a scholarship or not, must be able to operate independently and take care of their personal needs while staying with us.
Please contact the IHRC’s office for the scholarship application.
(509) 448-1224 Thank you!